Marketgeometry

Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday Monday 3/29/2010

This is a prime example of why I suck as a YM trader. Instead of selling the market when I got my signal, I waited until the market hit a new low of the day where I picked the low of the day to go short. Then I allowed my stopped to be hit instead of stopping and reversing on the next signal. If I followed the plan, the trade would have been successful but I didn't and I took a loss.

Above is not a Big Mouth Trade. I do make them. I bought HTHT on the idea it would break out of its one day IPO trade. I bought my first lot after it broke out of its first 15 minute range then again after it went above 14.50 - Fridays high. I let it ride for a good long time but knew I could not watch the market in the afternoon and I sold.
-
The Numbers:
Stocks: gros +5 net 0 shares 1000
Stock Futures: gross -200 net -205 contracts 4
Forex: none

No comments: