Marketgeometry

Sunday, March 7, 2010

I wish trades were always this easy 3/5/2010

On Friday I got to watch the market a little and by a little I mean a couple of stocks every 15 minutes or so. I saw that US Steel was about to break out of a small range and challenge the HOD. I put an order in for 500 shares and went to the men's room. I took one more peak and saw I was not filled yet so I did some other things.
-
I peaked again - got filled. Put a 25 cent stop in and go do something else. Seconds later peak again - up 20 cents move stop to lock in 5 cents gain. I start watching it more closely and address an email. Amazing it just keeps ticking up - a little pause at 58.65 - move stop a little higher.
-
It peaks at 58.84. Screws around for a few more minutes and starts to drop. I get out and on to other things making a note to buy again if it holds 58.50. It does but I got busy enough so the next time I look at it - X is at 58.70 and I missed the trade.
-
I wish every trade was this simply, easy and peaceful.
-
The numbers:
Stocks: +164 net +154 shares 2000
Stock Futures: none
Forex: none
-
Mondays Big Mouth stocks are GNTX and DWA. I am already short DWA.

No comments: