Marketgeometry

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

WTF - how more stupid could I have gotten or lucky??? 10/21/2009

This is beyond stupid. I bought a stock. Double up on it on the next up tick. Thought I sold it but doubled up again. I forgot about it thinking I was flat. Checked on it in the last hour of trading and saw another setup and bought more stock still not knowing I was really long from before. Finally dawns on me, I am way too long this stock. In a panic to sell, I buy 300 more shares. Finally I get out down only $59. At one point, I was down over $600 without knowing it and if I held on to the end of the day, I would have been down close to $3000. Talk about lucky - talk about being stupid. I am frustrated with the way I need to enter my web based IB orders and I paid a price for that today. Insane.
-
The numbers:
Stocks: gross -31 net -59 shares 5600
Stock Futures: none
Forex: none

No comments: