Marketgeometry

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Mother told me there would be days like this 4/8/2016





-----------------------------------------------------------
I have way too many days like this. If I can not turn these types of days around - I will never get the chance to be a full time trader.  Here below is a blow by blow recall of Fridays trading for me.
------------------------------------------------------------
1) Market broke back into the morning range. Sold the pullback to 2048 but instead of going for one point, I wanted two - got a tick instead.
2) Tried reselling when the market paused at 2049.00.  Too slow to get the fill at 2048.75.
3) Tried reselling again at 2049.75. Had my order in ahead of time but market did not tick there.
Between 3 and 4) - getting frustrated. Market looks like it is getting bought.
4) Saw huge offers at 2049.75 and 2050.00.  Really stupid - my trading plan does not allow for this type of trade in a non-trending day. Got filled and stopped quickly.  Thestop point is where I should be buying instead.
5) Again breaking the rules playing a type of breakout trade.  Should have bought the pullback instead for a perfect trade. After 7 minutes, made a tick.
6) Frustrated enough to play a video game expecting the market to do nothing.  Instead - it triggers a 50% of days range trade that I miss.  Again the entry would have been perfect.
7) Had order in to short at 2051.75.  Market ticks there but do not get filled. Market quickly moves 1 1/2 points away from my order so I pulled it.  Should have left it in.
8) Tried shorting market on the close of the previous bar at 2049.75.  Seconds late on what would be a perfect entry.
9) Shorted pull back to 2049.75.  Trade went against me for one point where by my rules, I should have added to the position.  I chickened out and do not add. To add insult to injury, I try moving buy stop lower thinking I could get at least 2 or more points, but the market takes me out.
10) Market breaks down pullbacks to last support point but my other half is yelling it is time to go to work. I saw f-it and shut down.  Again another perfect entry.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Net results of the day :  minus $40.
-------------------------------------------------------------
What I should have had if I followed my rules and was about 5 seconds faster on few of my trades: plus $460

No comments: