Marketgeometry

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The stars aligned but I dropped the ball sort of..... 4/13/2010

This was my best trade in a while and my biggest mistake. The Big Mouth said to buy SUN - an energy play. The stars aligned so beautifully. This and HK were about the only energy stocks up big. Crude was down and the market looked to open down.
-
SUN popped up strong, hung there and dropped. I had a list of energy stocks opened and they were falling fast. Instead of selling the living crap out of SUN - I has pussy footing around SUN was bouncing between 31.05 and 31.15. I had a sell at 31.20 and a sell stop at 30.99. I had already sold at 30.77 early in premarket. I should hit SUN with about 3 orders of sells while it hung there seeing the other oils falling apart. When SUN finally broke, I got slipped 7 cents on the fill - stupid.
-
This was the classic would of, should, could of trade that I messed up. Thankfully I did not chicken out and I made some coin but this should have been a 4 figure trade not the $186 I made.
-
Sometimes a gain can be a bigger mistake than a loss.
-
The numbers:
Stocks: gross +198 net +189 shares 1800 (should been 6000 shares)
Stock Futures: none
Forex: none

No comments: