Marketgeometry

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Health Care Again

I have already had people (too many) be in my face about - you must really support health care reform now. I feelings toward health reform has not changed at all. I think we really need it now. I thought a year ago we really needed now. I thought 22 years ago when I was lost in the system - we really needed now.

The problem I see with what both the House and Senate plans want to do is not reform in my opinion. I see based on the stuff I read in the papers and the CBO report that the plans might reduce the number of uninsured by a 1/3 and force the system into bankruptcy fast than it is going there today. I brought this one in conversion and I got an ear full about being an Obama brasher. I can not believe people.

The bottom line of each plan is in both my daughter would still not be able to afford health care insurance under each plan - period.

True reform I believe starts with TORT reform. Is there any nation on this planet were people can have so much fun suing each other? The next part of reform is changing fee for service. There is a host of other things that can reduce costs.

The bottom line for this country is everybody needs to be insured one way or another but unless the costs of our system is addressed and how the health care is provided - we will turn a big mess into a bigger mess. With that said - I guess 50% of you will call me an Obama basher for making those statements.

1 comment:

thelastpip said...

I hope your daughter is doing much better. I don't know a lot about how the health care system works, but I do wish the best for you and your daughter.

Take care.