Marketgeometry

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tuesday Trade Review 3/3/2009

Two big mouth stocks with the details on the charts.
-
I feel like I am going nuts. Since the first of the year, I have felt more blue than usual. Do not understand why. I have been having problems with my Blood Pressure since mid October. The funny thing is that is when my toilet exploded. Now my moods have turned crazy. I am either in a kick your ass, king of the world mood or my dog just died and they took back my pick up car type of depression. The moods are swinging nearly in 48 hour cycles. Really strange for me. It is really freaking my wife out too. Too often she just says I look super sad and then a couple hours later I am like a little puppy licking her all over the place.
-
I feel like am losing my mind and I have no clue. I am getting enough sleep. I am eating okay. Exercising enough. I just do not know. I do know something is wrong because most days I can't wait to trade and now I am having more days where I just do not give a flying f....about it.
-
I did find a new way to end a trading session early - have a power failure.
-
The numbers:
Stocks: gross +99 net +91 shares 1600
Stock Futures: none
Forex: none

4 comments:

Cliffynator said...

Denarii, I was just kidding around with that honking comment. But I wanted to tell you not to beat yourself up so much on your trades.
I'm still a rookie myself, but I do a LOT of research and study into what other traders say. So let me remind you to not get emotional. If you're getting worked up, take the "Stewie" nap..or walk.. or go play puppy with the wife.
Look at your Pepsi play, what's the lesson? It looks to me that you set up hard stops in the profit zone and cashed out....too early. Maybe you could try a mental stop instead, letting it ride if you see it continuing in your favor. Or, just take 'some' money off the table and let the rest ride.
As for EIX, either mental entry points or you could re-analyze why you picked those entry points too high.
Good luck, man!

sage08 said...

That's ok. Most traders are depressed anyway..

Jules said...

Agree with Sage.
Dr Brett seems to be the only emotionally stable trader...

Denarii said...

thanks everyone