Marketgeometry

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thursday Trade Review 1/15/2009

You can read the comments on the chart to see how I battled JPM for half the day. The game is a game of inches. Today I got top ticked on a stop of a short of the Dow futures. The the Dow dropped 45 points - pisser. One of the great frustrations of this game. This week I bought when I meant to sell. I missed typed a couple of orders wrong and I placed two stops too close by a tick or two. Take all that into consideration, I would be having a great week instead of down a small amount. This shit drives me crazy.
-
The numbers:
Stocks: gross -45 net -75 shares 5800
Stock Futures: gross -50 net -60 contract 4
Forex: none

3 comments:

Jules said...

Let's cut ourselves some slack, DT. You see, even banks can hit the wrong buttons : http://uncertainfutures.wordpress.com/2009/01/15/welke-knoop/

Anonymous said...

you crazy f'r - look at higher time frames
famous wall street saying - 'if you added up all the missed trades due to not wanting to pay up 1/8th's you could build a bridge around the world' - or something like that
-crack

Anonymous said...

Typing something wrong happens to everybody, you are not the only one. And the more trades you take, the more of them will be stopped by a pip or two or just miss the target or something else this. And sometimes these events come in bunches. Part of trading life.