Marketgeometry

Sunday, August 19, 2012

This weeks results 8/132012-8/17/2013

Soybean Futures: +175.76
Corn Futures: +37.88
Crude Futures: -136.02
Stocks:  -308.50
-------------------
Net: -230.88
=====================
This games is a game of inches and/or seconds.  I trade the stock KORS a couple of times and lost both times.  I had expected it to run after it earnings. I waited a day after ANN earnings.  I forgot to watch. I traded AAPL and had a $75 gain and than placed my stop at just above break even.  It came down, took me out and went to a $25 loss if I had no stop before making a $4 run. I missed a crude trade by a few seconds and decided to chase. Stupid idea.
-
So bottom line - if AAPL had gone up 50 cents more before correctly, if I had used the same battle plan on KORS the next day as I used on the day I did, and if I traded my plan in crude instead of chased - I would have had a really great week (+600)  instead -230.
-
But I was proud on my grain trades.
-
Still a game of inches or seconds or both.

1 comment:

Stock Tips said...

Aw, it was an extremely great post. Theoretically Id like to write similar to this also - taking time and real effort to produce a good article but exactly what can I say I procrastinate a lot and never
often get something done.