Marketgeometry

Monday, March 28, 2011

You can make this shit up 3/28/2011

This is the most insane stupid thing I think I have ever done and I do not know if I tried to I could ever recreate it in a million years.
-
The above is the chart of QLD going into the close. I thought if I sold a new low - the market might die on the close. I got filled about 3:30 on a new low. I watch the market bounce a little to 87.91. I started to fill out a stop order at 87.92. I wanted a tight order so not to be caught in some sudden buying at the close. The QLD start moving toward the low again. I had most of the order typed in except the default was a LIMIT not a stop. I was kind of sitting weird in my chair so I decided to adjust myself. At that point I lost my balance and nearly fell on the floor. I had my mouse in one hand and I had hit the keyboard with the other.
-
Next thing I hear is my order being filled. WTF. What happened? Seconds later as I figured out I no longer was short, the QLD broke the low.
-
The only thing I could figure is that I did not have all the order filled but enough of it. I must have first hit the mouse that clicked on the order button. Then when the review order mini-screen showed up, I must have hit the enter key as I was trying to keep from falling on the floor.
-
Net of the trade - lost $49 when I should have made $200 or if I held on to after hours $500.
-
You can't make this shit up. I need to write a book.

No comments: