Marketgeometry

Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Toliet Trade - Oh CRAP plus last week's results


When I pull a bonehead move like this especially on a week where most of my trades sucked, I want to scream. I have had problems with when and how long I can watch the markets. I got an alert from Stewie on a stock that looked really good. I missed the alert by a few seconds but I started buying a little higher. The stock looked like it was going to explode to the upside.
-
The stupid part was just before I got the alert - I felt the need to relieve and badly. I bought anyway and wait for a few minutes. I had to go or I would soil by pants. I should have just placed a close stop and go but the last two times I did this I lost out. Onetime badly, because I did not place as stop. Instead this time I cashed out for a very small profit and ran to the bathroom just making it.
-
The trade if I had a full size on would have turned a shitty week (lol) into a breakeven week.
-
Results:
Dow Futures: - 168
Crude Futures: +69
Euro Spot: -105
Stocks: - 360
------------
Total -564

1 comment:

Jules said...

:-) change your routine to do it only in the evening. D does that - he craps only after he knocks off. LOL.

Seriously, shit happens to everyone. You need to be kinder to yourself, Denarii. Relax, focus, and you'll be ok. :-)