Marketgeometry

Saturday, October 16, 2010

The stupid trade of the week - watching the wrong picture - 10/16/2010


Lots of notes on the charts - hope it makes sense. It is like a knife in my gut looking at these charts. It is bad enough that I spend too many time looking at 1 minute charts. Some of my chat friends scream at me to look at 5 minute charts or use 5 minute charts as a stop but above my eyes got glued on to a 89 tick chart. Sometimes they are good for setting stops and hitting targets.
-
This above is my problem. My brain is wired that it is success or failure in under 5 minutes on a trade and I prove over and over if I give a trade 10 minutes or more - my successes will pay for my failures a couple of times over.
-
If I do not solve this - I will never make good money out of trading. It has become that simple.
-
I need to place a trade and as soon as iti s filled - double check my stop and good make a cup of coffee and take a piss. That should kill just enough time to let the trade work if it is going too.

2 comments:

TST said...

1 min is too tight imo, 2 min is okay

Anonymous said...

put it this way, most of successful traders use 5m chart, and of course you want to model yourself after a good trader therefore you must graduate to 5m chart, just have a 5m chart somewhere look at it from time to time until it becomes your friend.