Marketgeometry

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wednesday Trade Review 4/22/2009



Yesterday it was BK, today it was CAT. The CAT trade came so close and I freaked at the last second on it. It could have been a big home run. I am trying something different. If I see a trade and I do not have enough time to do my limit order, my default order is now a market order. Plus I am not going to screw around with share size. My orders will be in pieces of 500 a pop which is my default size.
-
I have missed too many things by being too cute about where I place my order and for how many shares. It was nerve racking today but in a weird way I had more fun trading than in a long time. I am beginning to give my trades more time to work (5 to 10 minutes instead of 5 to 10 seconds - lol) I believe I need to be more patient or force myself to re-enter a trade if after I get out, it acts like I had expected it to.
-
Hopefully, jumping off a tall building has somehow messed with my brain in a positive way and I can regain my trading sprite of many years ago before I allowed life to beat me up and I became a trading wimp.
-
The numbers:
Stocks: gross +134 net +99 shares 7000
Stock Futures: none
Forex: none


3 comments:

Mike said...

Vacation did you good, or maybe, like you said, jumping of the buiding. If that's the case, try sky diving next. That will really do wonders.

Denarii said...

that is next. My wife can't wait. She is really getting pissed off about me jumping off the coffee table all the time.

Jules said...

you jump off coffee table, Denarii? That's too cute!! LOL! Going all Tom Cruise! :-) If you can have fun, that's a really good start. Keep up the positive spirit!