Marketgeometry

Friday, March 30, 2007

Missed Trades - USD/JPY, GOL, COGN

It is interesting that other than having my worst trade in 6 months (see above). I managed to miss 3 other trades. Each of them being a different method that I like to use.


The first type is a currency trade either on Econ news or chart formation. The USD/JPY had been hitting a wall each time it got to 118.40 area for a couple of weeks. The personal income numbers got it to pop out of its morning range and hit the 118.40 like a brick wall. I had orders to sell multiple times but pulled them each time before they got filled.



The second type is going against a big mouth on TV's recommendation. GOL was surging in pre-market and I was expecting the 31.75 area to be fruitful for a short after the opening. I had the order in but pulled it putting all my eyes on DNDN.



The third type was buying or selling good or bad news. I like buying fear and selling greed. I was watching COGN - placing and/or chasing it up in the morning and never getting in.


No comments: