Marketgeometry

Friday, March 30, 2007

Friday's Mess DNDN 3/30/2007


This the type of trade that really hurts. I was expecting DNDN to go nuts and it did. I got up early, ran down stairs and fired up the system to quickly see DNDN started trading at 7:00. Saw a couple of ASKs at 12 and 13 but had no guts to jump on them. Watching tick by tick the first trade should have been long at 16 with a sell around 18.75 (9:00). It looked like a head and shoulders formation top. My head was not screwed on right. My brain being stuck with an upward bias - I wanted to go long. I figured the opening should be crazy so I placed an order at 17.25 well below the current market. To my surprise got filled in seconds, started watching the bouncing and forgot to placed a stop loss thinking I saw a bad tick. When I realized my mistake, I hit a BID and got out down $1250. My stop would have been at $500. Dumb, very dumb and I let it destroy my ability to think for the rest of the day.

No comments: