Marketgeometry

Friday, March 29, 2013

Blog status

I have no idea where i am going with this blog.  The main reason for this blog was to dump my brain out and use it to prevent me from lying to myself.  I am now logging all my trades to a Google Doc to do the same purpose.
------------------------------
Life has been very frustrating for me. I lost total of my blood pressure around Thanksgiving and just beginning to feel I have it back under control after nearly 4 months.  I had a bad sinus inflection mid-December thru mid-January plus I threw my back out and to add at the end of February had sinus surgery. Add to this my day job has caused a lot chaos. Many times over the last 4 months I should have not been trading but I did it anyway.
------------------------------
I hope life will become more straight forward and easier. Until late 2011, there has many family issues causing many problems for me. Life is a lot simpler for me even with the recent headaches than it has been it seems forever.I am not blaming life for my trading results just that many times I should have not been even thinking about trading with the stress I was under.
------------------------------
I need to figure out my trading head.  I have been doing this now for too many years. Basically if you have looked at this blog you have seen that I am a breakeven trader (only keeping my brokers happy) for about 6 years. I believe I know enough to be a winning trader.  I have since enough to be a winning trader. I am no longer hunting for the holy grail or reading every new book on the market. I have a good method.  I believe in my method except when I am trading.  That may sound funny but that is my problem.
------------------------------
I do not know if I will continue updating this blog or where I will go to get my final fix of my brain.
------------------------------
I kind of feel like this quote and many of you have asked me the same thing.
------------------------------
STUPIDITY - quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win and never quit are idiots.

6 comments:

Michael said...

Your health is by far the most important, take care of that first.

Delete that quote, never read it to yourself again. There is no set number of time when you fail that you should then throw in the towel. Those of us who are trying to figure this game out on our own are at a huge disadvantage. It could take you 2 more years maybe 6 more. How important is it to you that you succeed in this game and what are you willing to do for it.

Take some time to figure out what you need to do different in your trading, and do it in a way that won't cost you your money or more importantly your health.

Take a look at the video's and the course at OpenTrader.com just for some ideas. I haven't taken the course but did get some ideas from them what was missing in my trading.

Good Luck!

Mike

James Edwards-Marche said...

I second what Michael said- it's not the years it takes to become successful, it's the quality of those years in other aspects of your life.

If you manage to carry on this pursuit but live a good life with family and friends with good health then who cares how long it takes?

On the other hand, if your health and social interaction is suffering, something has to change.

Medicate yourself with sleep, good nutrition and exercise and you'd be surprised how clear things become.

MM

Unknown said...

Are you giving yourself the best chances for success at trading?

1. Adequate account size?
2. Appropriate trading environment?
3. Trading with a plan that includes money management,drawdowns, stops, profit targets?

Michael and MM are right on point, your mental and physical health has to come first, regardless if you trade or not. Maintaining your blog may help relieve some of the stresses about trading, the interaction can help provide perspective from time to time.

The pursuit of trading profitably and consistently is the pursuit of financial independence.

Good luck to you!

- Trin

Denarii said...

Thanks guy for the nice comments. I do have a nice size trading account. I have a basement office to trade out of with 2 PCs and 6 monitors. And my loss limit for a day is $500 or 3 losers in a row.

TST said...

Take Holy Basil supplement

free baby items canada said...

All great information can be helpful in some or the other way. Keep updating the blog, looking forward for more content.