Marketgeometry

Saturday, July 16, 2011

This weeks results 7/11/2011-7/15/2011

Why don't you quit someone asked me this week. It made me stop and think for a while. I have come close to quitting a couple of times. I took time off at others. I started thinking about my dad. He never knew how to play golf and no one would teach him or I would guess he did not want to ask. He taught myself. He teach myself wrong too. He gripped the club wrong but after years and years of practice he became a fairly decent golfer. He was no pro but won many tournaments against many club pros. I took a long time to get there. I asked him why. He said he never knew when to quit. Win or lose - he just loved doing it.
-
Now with my trading over the years it had taken on so many different forms and my goals changed a lot - from trying to get a little extra for a special trip, to college eduction, to retirement. Today and for the last 5 years, my goal has been to be able to make enough money on a regular basis where I do not have to worry about having a job.
-
After 5 years, I have little to show for it in my bank account. Instead I lost money last year and not doing much better this year. But under the hood, I know I have learned a lot. I see patterns better. I have trading plans. I know what I am doing. I know about risk. I have methods. I know most books can't teach me anything I really do not already know.
-
I know what is keeping me from succeeding is myself - my emotions. Nothing else. I am close to seeing the goal become alive. As I sit here, I also know, I may not ever be successful at this last step or it may take me years. I do know that now that my dad is gone, my mother is taken care of in a home, and my daughter is off on her own - I can really just think about myself with the pressure off. I also hope to fix a few medical issues I have had and can only help me more.
-
So I think to myself why the fuck would I ever quit now??? Game on.
-
All I have to do is plan the trade and then trade the plan.
-
Stock Futures: +201.12
Stocks: +199.31
Crude Futures: -15.34
Gold Futures: zero
--------------------
net: +385.09

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only way you'll ever lose is if you quit...

Don't waste 5 years of experience.

Attitude Trader said...

Right on.

Sandy had a good post awhile back if you haven't already seen it.

-AT

chaosunlimitedfinal said...

Ha Ha, thanks that made me smile. I know exactly what you mean re: "I know what is keeping me from succeeding is myself - my emotions."

Its the hardest part for me.

Stick with it.