Marketgeometry

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wednesday Trade Review 9/10/2008

The numbers:
Stocks: gross +127 net +37 shares 18,000
Stock Futures: none
Forex: none
-
A real stupid - missed The Big Mouth Stock by a couple of cents - cost me $600. Had a 1000 shares position on RIO early in the day with a buy stop over highs for another 1500. Had to go to the bathroom too badly and closed position at Break even. Cost me $750. Screwed up TRA because I was too pissed at RIO. Cost me $500 and the day just went on and on.
-
If someone traded my ideas today with any style, they would have easily made 3k. Me - I make fucking $37 dollars.
-
But to the readers of this blog - all of know, this is how I trade. Like a fucking Moron.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

your fooling yourself w/ getting angry and quoting w/ huge winning amounts you 'left' on the table- you never hold long enough to realize the big gains- so why do you theoritically look at ones you got out of or passed on for their max move and imagine you would have booked the whole move.

Denarii said...

Because I do not image I will book the whole move - I lookat my trade and say to myself - where should the market gotten me out based on my idea on a stop loss or chart formation - when I state what I should have made - most of the time it is about half of the move before the first major pull back

I also base it on what I have done in the past when I have traded correctly. I also have right or wrong the habit of letting my profits run longer as the day goes on if I am up.

Next time have the guts to leave a name.

Bluedog said...

I always wear a diaper while I trade, like that astronaut who went crazy awhile back. No need to get up and miss a trade! It's brilliant! ;)

sage08 said...

it's easy to blame yourself for missed opportunity, but it's this nature that prevented you from a blow out on a bad day.. so, don't be too hard on yourself. everyone's a millionaire on hindsight.

Anonymous said...

forget about the money you left on the table . keep the concistantcy winning , 200 /day for awhile , then it will eventually ramp up more. this market is hard for all daytraders,once the momentum comes back in the market we will all start making our Daily Salary. some traders dont get profitable untill they fully understand how to loose money . 4 years now and i'm starting to finally get my style consistently profitable

OE Trader said...

DT, have you thought about loosening your time-frame? Scalping on the 1-min charts is very hard IMO. I use the 1-min charts for entry/exits but only within the context of the 5, 15 and 30-min time frames. I think you'll see bigger moves and open yourself to bigger profits. GL.