Marketgeometry

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thursday Trade Review 9/13/2007

Not a good day mentally. I had computer problems earlier and that put me in a fowl mood. I added my bad mood by quickly putting on a trade that made little sense hearing other traders shorting the market. I was stopped out quickly. The chart below is it.

The steels kept moving up during the day and I was following NUE. I did an initial poke and lost a small amount. When it finally broke out, I just had entered my buy stop which was missed.


With NUE, I was also watching my favorite steel AKS. It was giving me many buy signals. I missed one by two cents. Finally late in the day, I entered around 39.53. AKS has a history of finding support at 0.00 and 0.50 levels. I got stopped quickly.
-
On top of that, the bond future trade I chicken out a few days ago of really worked today. MT made good money shorting the market late in the day and I was waiting for higher prices.
-
The numbers:
Stocks: gross -62 net -69 shares 1400
Stock Futures: gross -100 net -105 contracts 2
Other Futures: none
Forex: none

No comments: