Marketgeometry

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Monthly Review 9/16/2007

My monthly numbers:
-
Wins: 33 Losses: 14
Avg Win: 41.47 Avg Loss: -120.57
Gross Trading: -319.50
Commissions: -197.46
Net Trading: -516.98
Biggest Win: 200.00 Biggest Loss: -800.00
Data Fees: -34.50
Interest: 250.31
Account Net: -301.17
-
As you can see, I did not have a good month. I took two very large losses (-800.00 and -500.00) this month which killed me. I try to kept my loss on a trade most of the time under $500 right now.
-
Even though I had two large losses, I also need to allow more of my trades more room and time to move. Out of 47 trades, 34 were gains or losses of $50 or less. If a trade does not start working for me with in 10 minutes, I usually get out. I found a lot of trades this month would have worked out better if I had just given them more time. Also many of my trades would have worked, if I gave them just a little more room to go against me.
-
All in all, I continue to like the fact, I really do not allow myself ever to blow up. It has been a very long time since, I am have taken a 2% percent or more hit on any trade.

3 comments:

Bluedog said...

Denarii, did you have a stop loss in place during your two largest losses? It looks like you would have had a great month had these losses been minimal.

Adrian said...

Looks like a nice month, if it weren't for those two outliers. Eliminate those extremes (positive & negative) and you'd not only be nicely positive, but your win/loss rate would be excellent.

If you can figure out how to smooth things out for Sept, then you'll have a great month. Can't wait to see it!

Denarii said...

those were trades planned to have a bigger stop loss with the idea they may turn into a swing trade but they did not.